A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the first of a new breed of GPS navigation satellites for the U.S. military today (Dec. 20) and you can watch it live here, courtesy of SpaceX. The Falcon 9 will launch the GSP 3 SV01 satellite at 8:55 a.m. EST (1355 GMT) from SpaceX’s pad at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida during a launch window that will last about 26 minutes. The mission has been delayed since Dec. 18, first by a sensor issue on the rocket and later due to bad weather. There is an 80 percent chance of good launch weather today. SpaceX Press Release: SpaceX is targeting Tuesday, December 18 for launch of the United States Air Force’s first Global Positioning System III space vehicle (SV) from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida. The 26-minute launch window opens at 9:11 a.m. EST, or 14:11 UTC. The satellite will be deployed to medium Earth orbit approximately 1 hour and 56 minutes after liftoff. A 26-minute backup launch window opens on Wednesday, December 19 at 9:07 a.m. EST, or 14:07 UTC. Due to mission requirements, SpaceX will not attempt to land Falcon 9’s first… Read full this story
- Watch SpaceX Falcon 9 send satellites into orbit in record-breaking launch
- Moto X4 India Launch Set for Today, Watch Live Stream Here
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX Sending An X-Ray Telescope To Space: NASA IXPE Mission Explained
- How to Watch the Launch of NASA's DART Spacecraft This Week | Digital Trends
- nasa: Nasa-SpaceX crew returns from record mission aboard International Space Station - Times of India
- Mysteries of black holes to be explored as NASA launches its new X-Ray telescope
- Football legend Diego Maradona’s stolen luxury watch recovered in Charaideo district in Assam | Guwahati News - Times of India
- ISS emergency: Russia sparks fury after BLOWING UP satellite: 'Hell to pay!'
- Here's how to watch GMA host Michael Strahan rocket to the edge of space
- AT&T’s DirecTV Now streaming TV service: launching November 30 from $35/month + free Apple TV offer
Watch Live Today! SpaceX Launching GPS III Satellite @ 8:55 am EST have 324 words, post on www.space.com at December 22, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.