The Dark Overlord, an international hacker group, have announced that they have stolen a trove of undisclosed information regarding the 9/11 attacks — and they are ready to release it unless they do not receive ransom money, denominated in Bitcoins. The group, infamously known for leaking, in 2017, episodes of the hit Netflix series Orange is the New Black, say that they have hacked an unnamed US-based law firm. When looking through the stolen cache of data, they found “hundreds of gigabytes of litigation-related documents”, including a total of 18,000 e-mails, non-disclosure agreements, expert witness testimonies, and communications with government officials. The hacked law firm is said to have paid a “satisfactory” amount of money to the Dark Overlord but also contacted law enforcement officials — a move that drew the hackers’ ire. READ MORE: ‘Shine a Light’: ACLU Sues 7 US Federal Agencies to Expose Government Hacking The cyber thieves teased that the release of this data would outshine “both in volume and impact” Edward Snowden’s leak of documents on extensive internet and phone surveillance in the US. “We’ll guarantee to all our astute readers that the subsequent release of these materials will generate millions of news articles and result in the biggest and most significant data breach ever to have occurred.” © AFP 2018 / Thomas SamsonHackers Steal Data of Some 1,000 N Korean Defectors in South… Read full this story
- Hackers 'who stole secret files from celebrity lawyer DOUBLE their ransom to $42million and threaten to reveal "dirty laundry" on Donald Trump'
- Vizag gas leak: 11 killed, 316 ill after Andhra Pradesh mishap
- Celeb lawyer for Elton John & Lady Gaga held to $21million ransom by hackers threatening to leak stars’ personal details
- Hackers threaten to leak sensitive documents about top A-listers
- Vizag gas leak: Cops file criminal case against plant
- Colombia’s Avianca faces rocky road after Chapter 11 filing
- Lady Gaga’s Legal Docs Have Leaked As Part of a Celebrity Law Firm Hack
- Vizag gas leak: AP CM announces Rs 1 crore compensation to kin of deceased
- Hackers are impersonating Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet for phishing scams: Report
- Vizag gas leak tragedy: Industry experts can't believe Styrene gas alone travels long, kills people
Hackers Threaten to Leak 9/11 Files That Will ‘Top Snowden’s Finest Work’ have 360 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 2, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.