Washington (CNN)The 2020 Democratic nominating contest is well underway, now with 16 Democrats who have thrown their hats into the ring. Here’s an updated look at who’s in and who’s out. We’re going to keep updating this list through the campaign season as candidates announce their intentions or drop their bids. For the latest 2020 election news, check out CNN’s full coverage. Announced campaigns Sen. Michael Bennet Read More AGE: 54 STATE: Colorado KNOWN FOR: Bennet, the former superintendent of Denver Public Schools, was forced to hold off on entering the race following a diagnosis and subsequent treatment of prostate cancer in April. Having served in the Senate since 2009, Bennet has pitched himself in pre-campaign appearances and speeches as a pragmatic lawmaker who has a progressive voting record. JUST WATCHED Sen. Michael Bennet jumps in 2020 presidential race Replay More Videos … MUST WATCH Sen. Michael Bennet jumps in 2020 presidential race 01:58 Former Vice President Joe Biden AGE: 76 STATE: Delaware KNOWN FOR: Biden’s long-anticipated announcement marks his third presidential campaign after he passed on a 2016 run. His name recognition, decades of experience and ties to former President Barack Obama are seen as his greatest assets. But… Read full this story
- Turkish president Erdogan recites Islamic prayer at Hagia Sophia despite historic link to secularism
- Donald Trump renews attack on Amazon as he accuses retailer of running a US Post Office 'scam'
- Rescue workers narrowly escape as they run from avalanche in French ski resort
- Democrats losing lead on Republicans in midterm election polls
- Zimbabwe to hold elections on July 30, says president
- Democrats Don’t Need a Message. They Have Trump.
- How old is Sarah Palin, how many children does she have, who’s her husband Todd and will she run for office again?
- Myanmar elects Aung San Suu Kyi aide Win Myint as president
- Centre-left candidate Carlos Alvarado Quesada, 38, wins Costa Rica presidency after promising to allow gay marriage
- Mexican senators demand President Pena Nieto stops co-operation with US over Trump's repeated attacks
Here are the 16 Democrats who are running for president have 326 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.