10 minutes agoA Tesla electric car that mainstream drivers can afford has finally arrived, Elon Musk’s automaker said Thursday, finally achieving a long-delayed promise that could help propel the upstart automaker into the American middle-class garage. Tesla’s Model 3 sedan, already the country’s best-selling electric car, will now be offered at a base price of $35,000, according to an ordering page. The company said all car sales worldwide will be shifted to online only, further distancing itself from the dealership model that dominates the country’s auto industry. “Tesla is committed to making not just the best electric cars, but the best cars, period,” the company said in a blog post. The company’s stock dipped slightly in after-hours trading. A Tesla ordering page says the $35,000 “standard range” Model 3 would be able to drive 220 miles on a single charge and be delivered within 2 to 4 weeks. The car was introduced at the $35,000 price in 2016, but a long series of delays meant that drivers could only get the car at a higher cost. The promised price originally helped make Tesla a household name: After Musk introduced the car in 2016, more than 400,000 buyers paid to put… Read full this story
- Elon Musk wants to put video games in Teslas
- Tesla Model Y revealed by Elon Musk – and the all-electric SUV isn’t cheap
- Elon Musk is sending a mystery ‘passenger’ on a SpaceX trip around the MOON – but won’t say who
- When will Elon Musk’s SpaceX rocket land on Mars, will he go himself and when will the moon missions start?
- Elon Musk’s creepy Neuralink project that will make you a GENIUS by wiring your brain to a computer chip is ‘coming soon’
- Elon Musk says Cuphead is coming to Teslas
- Elon Musk Latest News & Update : Tesla Autopilot 8.1 Upgrade Is To Be Released Soon?
- Elon Musk Latest News & Update: Tesla Maker & Billionaire Wants To Begin Colonizing Mars In 2018
- Elon Musk's Twitter tirade has me dreaming of a Mass Effect patch
- Tesla Motors Patents: CEO Elon Musk Makes Technology Open Source, Hopes Major Companies Create More Electric Cars
Elon Musk’s long-promised $35,000 Model 3 has finally arrived, Tesla says have 345 words, post on triblive.com at February 28, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.