THE breakaway new Independent Group would win one in seven of the country’s votes in a general election. The first opinion poll on the fledgling new alliance of centrist MPs put them on a shock 14 per cent yesterday. The figure is already double the support for the Lib Dems, who have sunk to 7 per cent and lost third place to the three day-old group. By far the hardest hit, Sir Vince Cable’s party lost more than a third of their support to the new grouping. The YouGov survey for The Times put the Tories on 38 per cent, and Labour falling hard down to just 26 per cent. LET HER BACK Diane Abbott claims stripping jihadi teen’s passport is breach of human rights SPLIT HITS THE FAN Tories close to breaking point after Remainer MPs join Independent Group GONE IN 48 HOURS Derek Hatton suspended from Labour AGAIN two days after being let back in ExclusiveWHERE CREDIT’S DUE 4m set for £3k Universal Credit boost – but others plunged into poverty TORY TURMOIL Heidi Allen MP says third of Tories are frustrated and vows to DESTROY party But the poll was carried out before the three Tory MP… Read full this story
- General election poll: Tory lead shrinks by 10 points in two weeks
- Brits will need to show photo ID to vote in general elections under new law
- Welsh independence group details lessons learnt from Nicola Sturgeon - 'Great inspiration'
- US Election polls: Biden may face same fate as Clinton as experts warn 'don't trust polls'
- Who will you vote for in the General Election? Take part in our Daily Star poll
- EU Election Poll: Brexit Party Beating Labour and Tories COMBINED
- New York Mayor says rank choice voting "needs to be re-assessed" after test ballot mix up
- Alex Salmond's new Alba Party will not win a single Holyrood seat, poll suggests
- 'You said win or die - you’re NOT winning!’ Marr mocks Rayner for Labour poll disaster
- Both Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders would beat Donald Trump in general election, new poll shows
New Independent Group would win 14 per cent of votes in a general election, a poll suggests have 336 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.