Here at Texas Monthly, we love Texas culture, both the classic and the new. On a walk through our office halls, you might find a staffer writing to the sounds of Willie Nelson or spot a dog-eared Molly Ivins anthology on a bookshelf, but you could also encounter an editor revising to the sounds of Khruangbin or a fact-checker theorizing about the latest Texan to grace the stage of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Sharing our new finds and obsessions with other curious Texans is one of the best parts of the job. We hope you enjoy these recommendations as much as we do—and let us know your new favorite finds in the comments. Gary Clark Jr.’s “Pearl Cadillac” Gary Clark Jr.’s performance on Saturday Night Live this past weekend was perhaps most notable for his rendition of “This Land”, his deeply personal rage anthem about racism in America (even if some of the more explicit rage was scrubbed out for TV). But, maybe because I already obsessively listened to “This Land” when it was released in January, the first song Clark played on SNL, “Pearl Cadillac,” was the tune that I can’t get out of my head. Clark has long pushed against the limits of the blues-guitar tradition he… Read full this story
- Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: How to watch heavyweight clash - TV channel and live stream
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry & William 'at each other's throats' and 'quarrelling' at reunion
- Texas G.O.P. Races to Pass Voting Bill as State Democrats Push Back
- Royal Family LIVE: Look away, Harry! Embarrassment as Duke axed from Wills birthday photo
- Portugal vs Germany live stream: how to watch today's Euro 2020 match free and from anywhere
- Royal Family LIVE: Meghan ‘can be 500% nightmare’ say Harry pals – Duke admits 'missteps'
- Gary Lineker enjoying £1.2million Walkers deal – as Nick Knowles faces sack for cereal ad
- Lightning map LIVE updates: Britain lashed with 24 HOURS of rain - latest flood warnings
- Prince Harry could deliver most painful snub yet - and Meghan may NEVER return
- Royal Family LIVE: Oh no Meghan! Major blow for new book just days before lucrative launch
Texas Monthly Recommends: Gary Clark Jr. Channels Prince on ‘Saturday Night Live’ have 352 words, post on www.texasmonthly.com at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.