Mitchell Schmidt The Gazette News Track: Linn County prepped for flooding Cedar Rapids assessor Beth Weeks retiring this month Vinton pushes forward with fiber-to-home This is why presidential campaigns shouldn’t overlook ADA accessibility University of Iowa surveys Linn County residents on wind turbines All articles by Mitchell The Iowa Utilities Board next week will take arguments on Alliant Energy’s proposed interim rate increase to determine if it’s reasonable. The board this week scheduled an April 1 meeting in Des Moines at 1 p.m. Oral arguments will follow the discussion of Alliant’s proposed rate increase. Alliant officials last month announced plans for electric and gas rate increases — starting with an interim increase April 1. The interim increase is projected to raise a typical residential customer’s monthly electric bill of $116 by about $8 per month. A second increase to electric and gas rates of roughly $12 additional dollars per month would start on January 1, 2020, per Alliant’s proposal. Combined, the proposed rate increases would represent a 17.24 percent increase for a typical customer. Following Alliant’s request, the Office of Consumer Advocate, a division of the Iowa Department of Justice, filed a motion to reduce the interim rate increase —… Read full this story
- Create More Energy in Your Life
- Lower Your Utilities - Three Improvements For Increased Home Energy Efficiency
- Best Nutritional Energy Supplements
- On January 31, 2006 President George W Bush Delivered His State of the Union Address
- Charismatic Communication - How to Do Board Presentations - Part One
- How Do Bees Really Fly - Think Tank Discussion
- Energy and Real Estate
- Enhancing Creative Passion-Overcoming "Moments of Challenge"
- Ranting and Raving about Renewable Energy
- Part Two: Will China's Coalbed Methane Projects Make a New Energy Billionaire?
Alliant Energy interim rate increase challenged, state board to discuss have 275 words, post on www.thegazette.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.