Cybersecurity firm McAfee has said a group of North Korean hackers have been actively targeting “critical infrastructure” in an operation that started 18 months ago and likely did not stop during Donald Trump’s recent summit with Kim Jong-un in Vietnam. In a new report, the company said it had found North Korean hackers attempting to gain access to as many as 80 businesses around the world, and some governments themselves. The targets of the attacks included banks, oil companies, and utilities. Germany was reportedly on the receiving end of the largest number of attempted attacks, while other countries including Turkey were also attacked. We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view. From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras. Subscribe now In the new report, McAfee said that they found numerous links between the hacking operation and Lazarus, a North Korean group connected to banking hacks. Pyongyang has denied any connection to hacking groups. To conduct its research, McAfee said it worked with at least one unnamed government. “McAfee believes that such digital forensic evidence must be complemented by traditional evidence from law enforcement and government agencies to make such assertions,” Raj Samani, McAfee’s chief scientist, told… Read full this story
- This Week In Korean Online Gaming News: From North Korean Hackers To
- Hackers Targeted DC Police Cams Days Before Inauguration
- DHS Raises Alarm Over Cyberattacks on Critical Infrastructure
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Hot Hacker Targets in 2016: Fantasy Sports, Professional Services
- Did North Korea Get the Last Laugh Against Sony?
- Cyberattack Hammers Korean Banks, Broadcast Nets
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Poor Patch Management Makes CMSes Low-Hanging Fruit for Hackers
- OPINION Could Tech Nerf North Korea?
- Interview: Nexon's Dan Kim Says Free-To-Play Success Comes With Time
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Target Fiasco Shines Light on Supply Chain Attacks
North Korean hackers targeted US ‘critical infrastructure’ during Trump-Kim summit have 294 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.