It has aged like fine wine. The artifact lies in Houston, in possession of 63-year-old Knicks fan Rick Wrabel, who obtained it as a 12-year-old living in Norwalk, Conn. The 50-year-old treasure has survived 20 house moves, including one to Australia. This quirky piece of Knicks memorabilia is an IHOP paper placemat. As a Christmas promotion, the pancake house’s tables were adorned by place mats graced by photos of 10 of the 12 active members of the 1969-70 Knicks. The club went on to win the franchise’s first NBA championship — a team that has since been immortalized. Next season will mark the 50th anniversary season of a feat that has grown in stature as the franchise has fallen on grave times. In the past 18 years, the Knicks have made the playoffs on just four occasions — none in the past six seasons. “Over the years, I don’t know how in the world it survived,’’ Wrabel told The Post. “But it did.’’ During his travels, Wrabel protected the autograph-laden paper souvenir in a cut-out cardboard box. He plans to place it in a frame. It’s not for sale. “I’d just rather display it,’’ Wrabel said. Wrabel was enjoying breakfast… Read full this story
- Andy Cohen's 'gorgeous penis' inspired decision to circumcise son
- Elle Fanning dazzles in daring backless gown at iHeartRadio Awards
- Review: A Tribe Called Quest Return on 'We Got It From Here ...'
- A Retreat in Vietnam, Cult-Inspired Dressing and More
- A Photographer’s Quest to Reverse China’s Historical Amnesia
- An epic 10-year search for Midwest fans who saw Buddy Holly's final tour
- Tragic true story of the celebrity circus elephant that inspired Dumbo
- Rams owner, on brink of Super Bowl triumph, faces rebellion from English soccer fans
- Dunkin Donuts, IHOP and other popular chains that made surprising name changes
- Lessons learned from presidential bid launched Scott Walker on quest for third term
How IHOP placemat inspired Knicks fan’s decades-long quest have 307 words, post on nypost.com at May 18, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.