Prices of tra fish have dropped to the lowest level in 10 years due to export difficulties, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development's Agricultural Market Development and Processing Department. Processing tra fish for export at Can Tho Seafood Import-Export Joint Stock Company In June, the wholesale price for tra fish in the Mekong Delta fell by about 2,000 VND per kilogramme from the previous month to 22,000-23,000 VND per kilo for type one tra fish (with each fish weighing 800-900g). The price has decreased by nearly 16,000 VND per kilo year on year and about 10,000 VND per kilo from the beginning of this year. Truong Dinh Hoe, General Secretary of the Vietnam Association of Seafood Producers (VASEP) said that higher prices in the second half of 2018 led people who raise the fish to develop larger rearing areas. Prices showed signs of falling at the start of this year but farmers and businesses still managed to collect big profits in the first quarter of the year, he said. However, since the start of the second quarter, prices have been declining sharply as supply grows, cutting into profits for farmers and exporters. Lower demand for tra fish… Read full this story
- The challenges for Vietnam’s economy in 2020
- Australian housing affordability has improved in the last 10 years, says CoreLogic’s Tim Lawless
- 10 years after the storm: has New Orleans learned the lessons of Hurricane Katrina?
- Huge opportunity in India as a theme for next 10 years: Mahesh Patil, Birla Sunlife MF
- Interest rate cut ‘likely’ as inflation hits three year low
- China's growth to hit 30-year low; more government support seen - Reuters poll
- Was anyone ever so young? What 10 years of my Instagram data revealed
- Manchester City: rating every signing in 10 years of Abu Dhabi ownership
- Vitol signs 10-year deal to buy Nigeria's LNG from 2021
- China's economy slumps to 28 year low to 6.6% in 2018
Export challenges push Vietnam's tra fish prices to 10-year low have 309 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 30, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.