Squad goals. Photo: Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images Moderate Democrats are sick and tired of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her “squad” dominating the headlines. Thus, to ensure that those four progressive congresswomen do not garner any additional media attention, several House moderates decided to complain about them anonymously in interviews with CNN Wednesday. This airtight plan appears to have backfired. I’m only half-kidding. Obviously, moderate Democrats intended CNN to broadcast their concerns to the world. But it is difficult to reconcile lawmakers’ complaints with their apparent strategy for resolving them: House Democrats were united in their vote to condemn President Donald Trump’s racist tweets this week, but some Democratic lawmakers are quietly expressing concern that far-left progressives have outsized influence in their caucus …“The President’s words and actions speak for themselves. We need to focus on the issues that got (Democrats) here: jobs, health care … instead of the issues the President brings up deliberately,” said one House Democratic lawmaker, who asked for anonymity to speak freely. “Anything that takes away from bread-and-butter issues is playing into his hands.”“The President won this one,” said another House Democratic lawmaker of the showdown. “What the President has done is politically brilliant. Pelosi was trying to… Read full this story
- The Democrats’ Midterm Identity Crisis
- 'Take a Seat': AOC Attacks Sinema over Filibuster After SCOTUS Leak
- Republicans focusing on SCOTUS leak, Democrats on rule of law: report
- Why do Trump and allies repost racist messaging and will it help his reelection effort?
- US Set to Approve $40 Billion for Ukraine, Warning of Long War Ahead
- Misinformation may only worsen for Black voters in lead-up to election, experts warn
- Mark Kelly says listen to border states, as DHS draws fire on immigration
- Likely Senate contest in Kentucky pits ideological opposites
- The Evangelical Church Is at War With Itself
- What Do Twitter’s Users Actually Want?
Moderate Democrats Warn That AOC Is Distracting From Their Nonexistent Message have 304 words, post on nymag.com at July 18, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.