Last week, an 18-year-old man was robbed and murdered in Gothenburg. The perpetrators stabbed the young man and took his cellphone and necklace. Since the case triggered strong reactions and a passionate debate, TV4 offered tips to other Swedes on how to protect themselves from getting mugged. Sven-Erik Alhem, the chairman of the Victim Support group, suggested “dressing poorly” and looking “like you don’t own anything”. “It may sound strange to behave in this way, but looking poor can really reduce the risk of violent crime in the form of robbery”, Alhem explained. Alhem also stressed that muggers often bear knives, which are “easy to apply”. The expert likened robbers to predators in looking for the weakest animals. According to him, a young person is much more likely to get mugged than a “Rambo character” adult. He also stressed that being mugged can result in life-long trauma. However, this advice wasn’t well received by many Swedes. Journalist and columnist Chang Frick posted a sarcastic “expert’s guide” on how to perfect the “hobo look” for one’s personal safety. Frick suggested a systematic approach that included “skipping the hairdresser”, “growing a tousled beard”, “wearing generic stain-covered clothes with no brand name”, “cheap… Read full this story
- Woman fakes seizure to avoid being mugged on BART train
- Congressman avoids becoming Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest fool
- They Lost Their Homes. Now A Reality TV Star Is Selling Them.
- Hit on Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick draws concern and questions from TV voices
- The Greed Report: Don’t get fooled! Avoid these common frauds
- Ex-NFL star Ricky Williams gets high ... on astrology
- In fatal car-crash case, mystery witness gets to testify by WhatsApp — from Cuba
- Experts tips for lightening up and decluttering your home
- Confessions of a Southern Charm Newbie: A funny thing happened on the way to Patricia's gala
- The Disrupters
Swedes Dress as Hobos to Ridicule TV Advice to 'Look Poor' to Avoid Getting Mugged have 303 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.