Education tech company Age of Learning, creator of the ABCmouse online learning program, has appointed former Disney executive Paul Candland as its new chief executive officer. Doug Dohring, current the CEO and founder, will become executive chairman. That’s a big step for the edtech company, as Dohring has been in charge for the past 12 years since the company’s founding in 2007. Candland was formerly president of The Walt Disney Company Asia, and he has been a senior adviser to Age of Learning since 2018. Dohring said in an interview with VentureBeat that he has known Candland for more than two decades. He said he was a good steward of Disney’s brands in Japan and across Asia. Above: Age of Learning’s ReadingIQ library has 10,000 items in it.Image Credit: Age of Learning “In some ways, it seems like it was just yesterday. It also feels like we’re just getting started,” Dohring said. “But it’s great time to bring someone in of Paul’s caliber can help further grow and scale the business. You know, particularly globally, but domestically, as well, as we launched two additional brands in the past year, going from a single product company with ABCmouse, to a multiproduct… Read full this story
- Disney+ Is Here. What Now?
- If You Want to Understand Disney+, Start by Thinking About Disneyland
- Disney CEO Bob Iger is about to take the biggest risk of his career
- G/O Media faces two lawsuits from former execs, alleging discrimination
- Disney Just Announced a Lot of New Details About Its Streaming Service, Including a Name
- New ‘You Must Remember This’ Season Explores History of Racist Disney Cartoon
- TalentSprint expands leadership team with three new appointments
- Byju's appoints Abhishek Maheshwari as president of international business
- Disney CEO Reports Disney+ Is a Four Quadrant Product with “Broad Interest”
- Bernard Tyson, Kaiser CEO, Dies at 60
Age of Learning appoints former Disney exec Paul Candland as CEO have 304 words, post on venturebeat.com at September 3, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.