New York (CNN)Once viewed as a routine diplomatic encounter, President Donald Trump’s first formal meeting with his Ukrainian counterpart was transformed Wednesday into one of the most closely scrutinized encounters of his presidency as an impeachment crisis mounts. Sitting in a Manhattan hotel meeting room, the men eagerly sought to deflect questions of wrongdoing after a White House transcript released earlier in the day showed Trump pressing Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden and his son. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden. The call has formed the basis for Democrats’ impeachment probe, and has thrown Trump’s presidency into turmoil. But as camera shutters whirred, Trump and Zelensky insisted nothing was untoward. “There was no pressure,” Trump insisted, denying allegations he was using his position of power to prod Ukraine into investigating a political rival. Inside the tangled web of Trump officials and Ukraine’s Zelensky “Nobody pushed me,” Zelensky chimed in, denying he felt coerced by Trump to launch a probe. Instead, he suggested he was an unwilling participant in an American political firestorm. Read More “I’m sorry but I don’t want to be involved (in) democratic open elections of USA,” he said… Read full this story
- Donald Trump ‘Muslim ban’ hailed by White House official as ‘massive success’ despite flight chaos and protests
- Donald Trump set to enter the White House as the least popular US president in over four decades
- UK’s vote to leave EU was crucial to Donald Trump’s winning race to White House, says Nigel Farage
- Fawning on Putin and haranguing Theresa May: Trump's 'troubling' calls to world leaders revealed by White House officials
- Whistleblower complaint puts spotlight on White House lawyers
- Maguire's handling of whistleblower complaint highlights turnover at Trump's White House
- White House Considering App For Gun Background Checks
- The White House and the whistleblower: How did we get here?
- White House reinstates military aid to Ukraine
- White House press secretary feuds with CNN amid hurricane
Trump claims he put 'no pressure' on Zelensky despite White House transcript have 332 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 25, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.