(Bloomberg) — Support for the nationalist Sweden Democrats and the Social Democrats is almost equal for the first time in an Expressen/Demoskop poll, adding to Prime Minister Stefan Lofven’s burden as he steers his minority government. His Social Democrats, the largest political party in Sweden for most of the past century, have lost voters to anti-immigration party Sweden Democrats, the survey showed. “The result stands out,” Demoskop spokesman Peter Santesson told Expressen. “The loss of voters to the Sweden Democrats is the main reason for the decline in support for the Social Democrats”. Recent shootings and gang violence may be the reason for the rising concern and frustration among voters, Social Democrats spokeswoman Lena Radstrom Baastad told Expressen. Support for the Social Democrats declined by 0.9 percentage point from a month earlier to 23.1%, while the Sweden Democrats gained 1.5 percentage point to 22.9%. The other parties saw marginal changes. To contact the reporter on this story: Veronica Ek in Stockholm at [email protected] To contact the editors responsible for this story: Edith Moy at [email protected], Jonas Bergman For more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com ©2019 Bloomberg L.P.
- Austrian Ex-Vice Chancellor Accused of Calling Jews 'Power-Hungry' in Note to Anti-Semitic Book
- Sweden school attack: horror as sword attacker kills teacher and pupil
- Europe’s far-right parties hunt down the youth vote
- Sweden’s Official Twitter Account Tells ‘Racist’ Critics of Open Borders to ‘Go F*** Themselves’
- Austrian far-right party's triumph in presidential poll could spell turmoil
- Battle for the Soul of Labour: Corbyn Bloc Close to Seizing Full Control of the Party
- Hungary Seeks Broader Anti-migrant Alliance After Austria, Italy Elections
- Conservatives Don’t Hate the Immigration Deal. They Hate All Deals.
- HARRY COLE: Questions raised over whether bust of Labour party founder Keir Hardie passes the woke test
- GOP Lawmaker Is a Leader in Hate Group That Calls Immigration ‘Assault on Our Culture’
Sweden’s Anti-Immigrant Party Draws Even With Social Democrats in Poll for First Time have 311 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 4, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.