No game this week represents more of litmus test for both teams involved than Monday night’s matchup between the 49ers and Browns in Santa Clara, Calif. Which team is for real? The 49ers, who are 3-0 for the first time since Joe Montana was quarterbacking them in 1990, when they started 10-0? The 2-2 Browns, who are seeking their first 3-0 start on the road since 1999, when Vinny Testaverde was their quarterback? Or both? The Browns, who’ve defeated the Jets and Ravens on the road this season, haven’t won three consecutive road games in a season since 2002 and last won three road games in a season in 2014. During the past 10 seasons, neither team has distinguished itself, residing at the bottom of the league. From 2008-18, the Browns posted a league-worst 41-118 record, and the 49ers were 75-84-1, 19th in the league. Both teams appear to be on the upswing. While the 49ers were on their bye last week, the Browns ripped the Ravens in Baltimore, 40-25, gaining 530 yards of total offense and forcing four turnovers. The 49ers are one of just three remaining undefeated teams — though their three wins came against the Buccaneers, Bengals… Read full this story
- From backup roles to big money? 49ers’ Jason Verrett, Kerry Hyder could finally cash in
- NFL Injury Update: Will Dalvin Cook, Baker Mayfield, Cam Newton Play in Week 6?
- NFL coaching carousel: Which teams are hiring and who are the leading candidates?
- Similarities abound for Browns, Chiefs in first playoff game
- NFL's lack of coaching diversity is a 'drastic problem', Jeff Reinebold tells Inside The Huddle
- Cleveland Browns 48-37 Pittsburgh Steelers: Incredible first quarter leads Browns to first playoff win since 1994
- Cleveland Browns overcome history and adversity to win first playoff game for 25 years
- Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers - the NFL's final four quarterbacks
- JuJu Smith-Schuster takes shot at Browns ahead of playoff game
- LSU mock draft roundup: 6 Tigers projected to be picked in 2021 NFL draft; here's where
Why Browns-49ers clash is an early NFL litmus test have 326 words, post on nypost.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.