A French celebrity chef has been branded a ‘diva’ for taking the Michelin guide to court today for suggesting he used cheddar cheese in a souffle. If chef Marc Veyrat, 69, wins the case, and forces Michelin to hand over its secret judging notes, it could cause an earthquake in the restaurant world, potentially setting a precedent for other disgruntled chefs. In a case that could have far-reaching consequences for restaurant critics, Veyrat is claiming he was ‘dishonoured’ by the red guide when it stripped his flagship restaurant in the French Alps of its coveted third star in January. Dubbed ‘Cheddargate’ by wags, he claimed that an ‘incompetent’ Michelin inspector mistakenly thought he had adulterated a souffle with the much-maligned English cheese instead of using France’s Reblochon, Beaufort and Tomme varieties. Celebrity French chef Marc Veyrat, 69, pictured in 2018, demanded his restaurant’s name be removed from the hallowed red guide but it still remains – with two stars, rather than three. But Michelin hit back on the eve of the court battle, branding Veyrat a ‘narcissistic diva’ suffering from ‘pathological egotism’ In this file photo taken on November 27, 2015 French chef Marc Veyrat waits in the courtroom of the… Read full this story
- Written off as a party animal and addict, AFL star Rod Owen was hiding dark secrets
- Meghan Markle latest news: Meg’s tactics ‘from a politics playbook’ as Prince Harry & Duchess focus on ‘building brand’
- Queen Elizabeth news – Eagle-eyed fans spot ‘poignant’ clue reminding Her Majesty of Prince Philip’s ‘devastating loss’
- He is one of only 39 detainees left at Guantanamo. Once tortured, prisoner's case is a test of larger political realities at play.
- Brexit LIVE: Huge win for Boris – France & Berlin caving as ERG ready to climbdown on deal
- In the wake of Trump's attack on democracy, election officials fear for the future of American elections
- A Murder, Gold Bars, a Jailbreak and Questions About Justice
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- Why did prosecutors drop all charges against Jussie Smollett?
- Grab 'Godfall: Challenger Edition' this week on the Epic Games Store
French chef's legal battle with Michelin Guide - which could reveal judges’ secret reviewing notes - reaches court as he sues them for suggesting he used Cheddar cheese in a souffle have 338 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 27, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.