Hunters accuse Besson of defying the national hunting plan by allowing deer to multiply on his estate. Photo AFP Argentan, France — French film director Luc Besson was taken to court in the northern Normandy region on Monday for refusing to allow hunters onto his land to shoot deer. Hunters in the Orne area accuse the maker of the The Fifth Element and Nikita of defying the national hunting plan by allowing deer to multiply on his sprawling estate, damaging the livelihoods of neighbouring farmers. They are demanding that Besson pay around 130,000 euros (over US$145,000) in compensation for the damage caused by the deer – the amount the local hunters federation say it has had to compensate the farmers since 2014 for failing to keep their numbers down. Besson, who bought the estate in 1998 and used the red-brick chateau on the land to house a post-production studio, was not in court for the hearing but his wife and daughter were present, an AFP reporter confirmed. In an interview with Le Parisien newspaper in mid-September, the 60-year-old film-maker accused the hunters of being “out of step with history.” “In the midst of the debate over the environment and biodiversity,… Read full this story
- Review | Apotheon brings Ancient Greek art to life
- Getting to play Destiny: better than Halo?
- Destiny 2.0 Update Available Now, Full Patch Notes Released
- Destiny 2.0 is live – here’s the massive patch notes
- Destiny 2.0 Release Notes Revealed, Read Them Here
- Destiny 2 Nightfall: Timewarps and modifiers explained, plus how to unlock Nightfalls and other Nightfall tips
- Destiny Skeleton Key loot list - all Strike-specific gear rewards in Rise of Iron
- Destiny’s 2.0 Patch Has Arrived and Year Two Has Begun; Bungie Reveals Full Patch Notes
- Nintendo Switch games list, 2017 release dates and every Switch game released so far
- Destiny Weekly Reset for December 27: Nightfall, Heroic Strikes, and More
French hunters take aim at director Besson for shielding deer have 297 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.