Boris Johnson blasted MPs for producing a ‘paralysed Parliament’ that left him needing a Brexit election today as he sent a message while en route to Buckingham Palace for a ‘tough interview’ with the Queen.In a social media clip from the back of his chauffeur-driven car he promised to get the UK out of Europe in January if the public returned a ‘sensible majority Conservative government’.The only alternative, he said, was more dither and delay under Labour that would ‘turn the whole of 2020, if not 2021 as well, into a nightmare of two referendums’ on EU membership and Scottish independence.As he formally kicked off an election battle that will define the country’s future, the Prime Minister had a 25-minute audience with the monarch at Buckingham Palace, during which he informed her that Parliament has been dissolved.He then headed back to Downing Street, where he is due to address the nation around lunchtime to spell out the decision that lies ahead.He will then launch the Tory campaign at a glitzy rally tonight, as the party tries to get back on to policy issues after a rocky start. In the video clip, Mr Johnson said: ‘I’m just off to see Her Majesty… Read full this story
- NHS nurse who helped save Boris Johnson's life from coronavirus in intensive care confirms: 'He absolutely needed to be there'
- HENRY DEEDES: In cyber Commons, Jeremy Corbyn is back where he belongs... and new boy Keir Starmer plays a blinder
- Royals wish Boris Johnson a 'speedy recovery': The Queen, Prince William and Kate Middleton send support to PM, his family and pregnant fiancée Carrie Symonds as he battles coronavirus in intensive care
- Boris Johnson snuffs out Cabinet calls for early easing of lockdown: PM intervenes from Chequers rehab to insist a second peak of coronavirus outbreak not economic misery is the biggest danger
- Boris Johnson officially becomes Prime Minister, pledges 'modern Britain' cabinet with pro-Brexit tilt
- Two offices in Parliament are sealed off after health minister Nadine Dorries catches coronavirus: Tory MP reveals her aide is also infected as she sends message to colleagues saying 'I can't remember every person I was in contact with last week'
- 'That's amazing from my super prince!' Captain Tom is overwhelmed as Prince William and Kate Middleton send him message 'he's a one man fundraising machine who's inspired everyone' after making secret donation as total hits £18 million with £5m raised in j
- PM tells Britons to avoid non-essential travel and contact
- Coronavirus live updates: Oil under $1.50 per barrel, a record low
- Ex-Chancellor Philip Hammond warns government MUST find a way to get Britain back to work and publish exit plan as it considers relaxing 'stay at home' rules to let 'bubble' of friends meet for meals, share childcare and reunite couples who live apart
'I'm just off to see the Queen... it's always a tough interview!': Boris Johnson records video message on his way to Palace - to tell her 'dithering' Jeremy Corbyn and 'paralysed Parliament' means Britain needs election to get Brexit done have 463 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 6, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.