As a new decade is ushered in, it’s normal to wonder what’s next for Baton Rouge. Many issues remain in limbo, sitting unanswered and fragmentary.Here’s a list of some of the biggest projects, goals and tasks to watch develop in 2020.LSU FOOTBALL2019 was a record-setting year for the Tigers: LSU beat Alabama for the first time since 2011 and put another SEC Championship is on the shelf. Ed Orgeron was named Coach of the Year, and Joe Burrow won the Heisman Trophy.But there’s one thing LSU didn’t see in the decade: a national championship in football. Rabalais: In such a brilliant season, LSU can’t be the underdog vs. Clemson but can stop history ATLANTA — This LSU football season has taken an off ramp into the surreal. Fresh off a Peach Bowl win, LSU is already an early favorite over Clemson.The Tigers are slated to battle the (other) Tigers for the title on Jan. 13, 2020, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.CITY OF ST. GEORGEOn Oct. 12, voters decided to turn unincorporated areas in the southeastern corner of the parish into a city of 86,000 people. The proposed city of St. George had already been a controversial topic for years. After the… Read full this story
- 'We're disappointed': Baton Rouge Southside YMCA closes amid 2016 floods, coronavirus revenue loss
- Bernhard Capital in Baton Rouge 'extremely pleased,' closes 2nd fund at $1 billion-plus
- Camelot Club announces closing in downtown Baton Rouge: 'It is a sad day for all of us'
- Holden points to Green Light Plan road improvements in East Baton Rouge Parish as one of his proudest accomplishments as mayor-president
- Wampold buys Chase South Tower in downtown Baton Rouge, will convert to residential, retail, offices
- Lenders seek foreclosure against owners of 21-story Chase South Tower in downtown Baton Rouge
- Reports of looting prompt an East Baton Rouge Parish curfew and a little political bickering
- ‘I feel vindicated’: Man wins police brutality case against 2 Baton Rouge officers in 2014 drug raid
- Six Baton Rouge curfew violators land in jail
- Lawsuit: Baton Rouge police beat man 'sadistically' after traffic stop during 2016 flood curfew
From LSU football to I-10, see major Baton Rouge stories we're following closely in 2020 have 346 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at December 30, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.