The design of front-loading washing machines can leave a laundry room smelling awful if you’re not vigilant about keeping it clean and dry when not in use. But who has time to regularly wash their washing machine? No one. So GE redesigned its UltraFresh Front Load washers with some clever upgrades that prevent odor-causing bacteria from thriving. Advertisement Front-loading washing machines are more efficient than the top-loading design that’s been around for decades; using less water and electricity to run, while being gentler on clothing and garments in the process. They’re seemingly the obvious choice, but since the drum ends up full of water sloshing around, the machines require a waterproof gasket and a sealed door which both inevitably end up soaking wet at the end of a cycle. This is why front-loading washing machines include explicit instructions to leave the doors open after a load and wipe the rubber gasket, bacteria and mold can grow which results in an awful smell that’s hard to scrub clean when it becomes a problem. Instead of abandoning front-loading washing machines altogether, GE’s new UltraFresh Front Load washers take a three-pronged approach to the war on stink. The rubber gasket that creates a… Read full this story
- The 12 best washing machine cleaners 2021 to remove mould, limescale and smells from your washing machine
- Husband spends hours online trying to work out ‘broken’ washing machine part – only to discover it belongs to his wife
- 10 Best filter coffee machines for a smooth, rich brew
- Troubleshooting: How to fix common Mac problems
- McDonald's investigated by trade commission as McFlurry machine 'always broken'
- Peloton's lower-end treadmill is finally going on sale after addressing safety issues
- Georgia’s Election Mess: Many Problems, Plenty of Blame, Few Solutions for November
- Wild Horse Roundup In Sand Wash Basin Will Continue Friday Despite Pleas To Stop It
- Twitter's photo experience just got a lot better with larger pictures, 4K image support
- BioLife Solutions, inc (BLFS) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
GE's Got a Solution For Finally Fixing Stinky Washing Machines have 324 words, post on gizmodo.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.