House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said Thursday that the House Judiciary Committee will begin drafting articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.“The president’s actions have seriously violated the Constitution,” Pelosi said in a press conference on Capitol Hill. “Our Democracy is at stake. The president leaves us no choice but to act.” BREAKING: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “Today, I am asking our chairman to proceed with articles of impeachment.” https://t.co/yMg0trFZ0O pic.twitter.com/038nBeYEdv — ABC News (@ABC) December 5, 2019 The speaker asserted President Trump’s July 25 telephone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky — in which the president suggested the European country should look into allegations of corruption against former Vice President Joe Biden — was an abuse of power that undermined U.S. national security. A partisan CIA analyst’s mischaracterization of the call, laid out in a “whistleblower” complaint to the intelligence community inspect general, later sparked the effort to remove the president. “If we allow a president to be above the law, we do so surely at the peril of our republic. In America, no one is above the law,” the California Democrat said. “Today, I am asking our chairman to proceed with articles of impeachment,” she then announced, referring to House Judiciary Committee chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY)…. Read full this story
- House Democrats savage Nancy Pelosi, demand she is replaced as Speaker and blame her and the Squad's backing of socialism for election disaster in wild conference call
- Lindsey Graham Says Nancy Pelosi Can't Renounce Socialism Because Dems Believe in It 'Deep in Their Soul'
- Nancy Pelosi SHRINKS her Democratic majority in the House despite believing Republicans were outspent and outgunned - and faces nightmare of AOC-led Squad getting even larger
- Nancy Pelosi to Seek Re-Election for House Speaker as Democrats Blame 'Socialists' for Major Losses
- Pelosi announces COVID-19 testing expansion for House
- Nancy Pelosi launches bid to keep her House Speaker post even as Dems consider fresh alternatives
- Nancy Pelosi Undermines Claim Donald Trump Lawsuits Will Hamper Joe Biden ‘Transition’
- Nancy Pelosi Says Trump Firing Esper Shows He Intends to Create 'Chaos' in Final Days of Presidency
- Democrats Will Hold On To The House, Likely Giving Nancy Pelosi Another Two Years As Speaker
- Senate is TIED at 47-47 as Mark Kelly flips John McCain's Arizona seat but Lindsey Graham survives as Democrats' bid to take control of Senate collapses - and Nancy Pelosi fails to grab any GOP seats
Nancy Pelosi Announces Democrats Will Begin Drafting Articles of Impeachment have 401 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.