Consumers in Parli in Beed shocked by electricity bills they have been getting ever since meters were replaced. For the past three months, villagers in Parli, Beed district, have been getting electricity bills in lakhs. The domestic users, many of whom don’t even own a television or a fridge, used to get monthly bills of Rs 600 to Rs 1,000 till a few months ago. They say that ever since their meters were changed, they have been slapped with the massive bills by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL). As the number of complaints kept rising, last month MSEDCL set up seven teams for a ‘Bill Correction Workshop’ drive, involving all the 43 staff members of MSEDCL, Parli subdivision. urban domestic electricity users in Parli subdivision and the MSEDCL has received 246 complaints of augmented bills, since they initiated the drive. The problem started after MSEDCL started replacing old meters with new ones in August this year. According to Sanjay Sarag, superintendent engineer of Beed circle, the MSEDCL has hired a private company HPL India to install new meters with Radio Frequency (RF). The meter reading will not be manual but through Data Collection Unit (DCU) automatically. Sarag blamed… Read full this story
- Over 9.80 lakh residential consumers in Mumbai owe Rs 673 crore to power companies
- Maharashtra: No relief on inflated electricity bills; pay as per reading, says energy minister Nitin Raut
- Bandra: BJP Mahila Morcha protest against inflated electricity bills, social distancing goes for a toss
- Maharashtra: 19 lakh consumers from Marathwada yet to clear electricity bills for 7 months
- 9.82 lakh city residential consumers owe Rs 673 crore to power companies
- 'No free power for light users, no relief from inflated bills'
- 64.52 lakh consumers in Maharashtra have not paid power bills since April: MSEDCL
- Inflated power bills: 96% of 11 lakh complaints from across Maharashtra resolved
- Pune: Power bills worth Rs 1,800 crore of over 13 lakh consumers pending
- Tata Power, Adani Electricity hike tariff
No fridge or TV, but bill in lakhs: MSEDCL Consumers in Beed's Parli shocked by electricity bills have 309 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at December 13, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.