Hello, my name is John Cherwa and welcome back to our horse racing newsletter as we say goodbye to Del Mar this year and await Los Alamitos on Friday.Stewards’ rulingsWe’re back with more rulings here on the conclusion of a long holiday weekend, although the rulings are from earlier.–Trainer Jerry Wallace was fined $5,000 after his horse Fast Cotton tested positive for Dexamethasone, an anti-inflammatory, on May 19 after running in the sixth race at Santa Anita. The horse won the race and was claimed by Hector Palma. On Aug. 8, he was claimed by Brian Koriner. On Sept. 21, he was claimed by Doug O’Neill. It was Wallace’s fourth drug violation in the last 365 days. He was also cited on July 27 for Dexamethasone at Los Alamitos, March 29 for Betamethasone at Los Alamitos and Sept. 16, 2018 for Dexamethasone at Los Alamitos. He was also cited on Jan. 1, 2016 for an excess of Dexamethasone at Santa Anita. (Note: These are the dates of the rulings, not the violations.) Advertisement –Jockey Evan Roman was fined $300 for using his riding crop after his horse, Showem Apollo, had reached his maximum placing. The horse finished seventh in the… Read full this story
- AGU Fall Meeting: Mistletoe is 'kiss of death' to drought-stressed trees
- AGU Fall Meeting: New simulations suggest meteors explode from the inside
- AGU Fall Meeting: Human-caused warming likely intensified Hurricane Harvey's rains
- I’m finally winning the race against anxiety
- Best Android, iPhone and iPad apps of 2012: best racing games
- Astronauts are Preparing for Mars in Oman
- Two Polls Show Statistical Tie Between GOP’s Hawley and Incumbent Democrat McCaskill in Missouri Senate Race
- ‘Civilization VI: Rise & Fall’ changes things up, but isn’t a game-changer
- Why Is NASA's InSight Mars Mission Launching from California?
- Mars mission sheds light on habitability of distant planets
Racing! Del Mar finishes its fall meeting have 295 words, post on www.latimes.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.