A man has been arrested after allegedly trying to build a hoax bomb inside a Walmart in Texas, authorities said.The Austin Police Department said officers responded to a report of a “suspicious device” at the Walmart in the 1000 block of Norwood Park Boulevard in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday evening.The store was evacuated “out of an abundance of caution,” but the incident was later determined to be a hoax, a Walmart spokesperson confirmed to Newsweek.According to KXAN, a security guard at Walmart had spotted the man holding a PVC pipe in a bathroom inside the store and said he witnessed the man adding something to the pipe. KVUE reported that the employee alerted authorities around 9.30 p.m. “Loss prevention saw an individual with a PVC pipe adding something to it, which he believed possibly was a pipe bomb,” Austin police told the station.By the time officers arrived at the store, the man had left. But police located him on a bus in the Walmart parking lot. Officers found two PVC pipes underneath a seat on the Capital Metro bus, KXAN reported.The bus was quickly evacuated because officers believed passengers aboard were in danger. “Based off a comment that was made,… Read full this story
- Texas police collect surveillance footage from cameras near where the naked body of influencer, 26, was discovered as a vigil is postponed due to 'changing circumstances'
- Spokane Democrats Say A Man Tried To Detonate A Bomb Inside Their County Headquarters
- Michael Hari: Minnesota Mosque Bombing Suspect Wanted to Build Trump's Border Wall for $10bn
- White Supremacist Group Linked To Mosque Bombing Planned Violent Revolution Against Government
- NYC ‘Under Assault Like Never Before’: CIA Insider Claims China Has Over 100 Spies Operating in City
- Hospital on lockdown as 'knifeman Tasered by police while patients trapped inside'
- Seattle protesters arrested after explosive thrown at officers, buildings tagged with anti-cop graffiti
- Baby survives, mother dies in Anambra building collapse — Police
- Sadie Roberts-Joseph's body was doused in bleach; empty bleach bottles found in suspect's house
- Idaho cold case murder shook town; suspect's arrest causes aftershocks
Texas Police Arrest Suspect for Allegedly Building 'Hoax Bomb' Inside Walmart Bathroom have 338 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 12, 2019. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.