A PENSIONER who could only afford a measly yoghurt for his Christmas dinner struggled to survive on just £4.71 in December. Kevin Boff said a mix-up with his pension meant Christmas was a “disaster” and that he can only afford to turn the heating on once a week to warm the water for a shower. The 68-year-old pensioner from Blaenau Ffestiniog in Wales said the stress was affecting his health as he suffers from Raynaud’s, a syndrome that causes pain, numbness and difficulty moving when exposed to cold. Kevin told North Wales Live that police had to respond to concerns for his safety and that he had been considered a suicide risk. He said: “I never expected this at my age, I’m under extreme stress, and it’s taken over my life. “I’ve had to cut down on everything I can.”It’s like living in Alcatraz. I can’t go out, I can’t see anyone, I can’t do anything. “I can’t live.” Kevin signed up for a private pension with Standard Life in 1988 through a broker. He claims that he was “contracted out” of his additional state pension.Contracting out means that people who had private pensions were able to pay less in… Read full this story
- Family will finally get to have their special Christmas Dinner thanks to Raw Deal
- Christmas dinner costs 16% more this year because of blame inflation and Brexit
- 20 easy Christmas dinner hacks to guarantee a stress-free roast
- The best carving sets for Christmas dinner
- North-east mum: 'My dream would be that Henry could have his Christmas dinner with us at the table'
- Dream come true for parents of 18-month old Henry as he sits at Christmas dinner table
- Audit of pension payments ordered
- Lemn Sissay’s Hackney Christmas Dinner for care leavers: ‘It’s about respect’
- Christmas dinner sprout limit called for by Leicestershire County Council
- North-east firm donates Christmas dinners to people staying at CLAN Haven
Hard-up OAP left with just £4.71 for a MONTH and had yoghurt for Christmas dinner after pension payment ‘catastrophe’ have 333 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 20, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.