Microsoft has revealed that there are now over one billion devices using Windows 10 around the world. That includes over 80,000 laptop models and configurations from over 1,000 manufacturers, according to the Redmond giant. The announcement underlines Microsoft’s desktop operating system dominance in terms of sheer numbers. Its closest rival, Apple’s MacOS, represents around 110 million devices, according to Apple analyst Neil Cybart. That suggests Windows 10 alone has ten times the market share of MacOS, putting it in a truly authoritative position. The news comes two months after Microsoft formally ended support for Windows 7. While there have been concerns over users holding out and refusing to change to more modern versions of Windows, Microsoft will likely be pleased to have so many users running Windows 10. If you still haven’t switched up to the latest version of Windows, now’s the time to do it — our guide will take you through the upgrade process (and you can even get Windows 10 for free). Worried? You can always make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 if you really want to. The sheer number of machines running Windows 10 runs the gamut, from high-powered desktop computers to 2-in-1 devices to… Read full this story
- The best Windows 10 antivirus protection for 2021
- Windows 10 users: Try these 3 new features now
- The next version of Windows 10 might have Parallax 3D effects on the lock screen
- Home Office child grooming gang review sparked by Rotherham scandal finds offenders come from ‘diverse backgrounds’- as Priti Patel calls 'limited' data 'disappointing'
- Crown Princess Mary gets fans talking with this one detail in her home office
- Windows 10: Microsoft's Project Reunion preview arrives to make writing apps easier
- Windows 10 moves closer to killing off passwords with Edge WebAuthn logins
- New Windows 10 bug appears to break one of its most important tools
- A new exploit has emerged for an old Windows 10 bug after botched patch
- Microsoft Word in Windows 10 will now use AI to make you a better writer
From Hololens to home office, over a billion devices now run Windows 10 have 314 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.