Victoria will be shut down over the next 48 hours with only essential services to remain open. All schools will be shut from Tuesday, as 67 new coronavirus cases were confirmed overnight. This is the largest one-day increase yet, and brings the state’s tally to 296 cases – at least three of which were acquired through community transmission. Premier Daniel Andrews will tell the national cabinet tonight that he will “implement a shutdown of all non-essential activity across our state to combat the spread of coronavirus”. Supermarkets, banks, pharmacies and other essential stores such as petrol stations and convenience stores will be able to remain open, along with freight, logistics and home delivery services. The move to close Victorian schools has broken from the federal government’s national approach, the deputy chief medical officer said. Mr Andrews said a decision on whether to reopen schools after the term break would be “determined following advice from the Chief Health Officer”. “I will have more to say on these measures tomorrow morning,” he said. “All measures to be implemented by Victoria are consistent with the health advice provided by the Victorian Chief Health Officer.” “This is not something that we do lightly, but… Read full this story
- Are Fear, Headlines and News Controlling Your Life?
- Church and State in Islam
- The Latest: Erdogan rejects call for ceasefire in Syria
- The Latest: Fuels company cooling nearby tanks to stem fire
- Why Cable Business News Will Drive Your Investments Into the Ground
- Non Alignment
- Fat Loss A-Z - Essential Action Points For Successful Fat Loss
- An Innovative Online Website Builder For Small Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations
- Great News Today & Some History Too
- Sleep is Essential For Overall Health
Latest coronavirus news: State to progressively shut down non-essential activity over next 48 hours have 274 words, post on www.news.com.au at March 22, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.