The Duke of Sussex announced today that the 2020 Invictus Games which was due to be held next month has been called off because of the coronavirus pandemic. Organisers said the competition founded by Prince Harry – due to take place at The Hague this year – was likely to be rescheduled to May or June 2021. Harry said in an emotional video on Twitter: ‘I’m really sorry we couldn’t make this happen. This was an incredibly difficult decision for all of us to have to make.’ The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the Commonwealth Day Service 2020 at Westminster Abbey in London on March 9, which was their last event as senior royals The 35-year-old added that it was the ‘most sensible and the safest option for all of you, for your families and everybody else involved in these games.’ ‘I know how disappointed you all must be, this is a focus that so many of you need, I would encourage you to maintain that focus as best you can.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Boris Johnson says Britain can ‘turn the tide’ on… ‘Our nation’s history has been forged by communities coming… Prince Harry and Meghan Markle… Read full this story
- Royal in the classroom! Prince Harry visits a school in Nottingham for World Mental Health Day - hours after his secret project with Ed Sheeran was revealed
- Sir Elton John is supporting Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attack on the British press and advised the couple to 'follow their hearts', royal expert claims
- Archie makes his debut on Meghan and Harry's South Africa tour
- Kate and Prince William disappoint Royal fans with crackdown on royal correspondence
- Kylie Jenner deletes videos showing off her luxury $3million Bugatti after fan backlash
- Harry crosses minefield and retraces Diana's steps
- Duchess dazzles in traditional kurta! Kate Middleton dons royal blue outfit from local designer as she and Prince William visit Islamabad school during the first full day of their Pakistan tour
- The 30 best video games of the decade, ranked
- Ben Stokes's wife laughs off 'crazy' claims over photos of cricketer 'choking her' at awards bash as she posts joke tweet of herself squishing his face and slams 'idiots' trying to 'ruin her birthday'
- Play the Internet Marketing Video Game and Win $1000 a
Prince Harry POSTPONES the Invictus Games: Duke of Sussex posts emotional video message saying he took 'incredibly difficult decision' to make 'sensible and safe' choice to push competition back to 2021 have 369 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 19, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.