Aaron Schock from Illinois opened up about his sexuality and how the revelation to his family that he is gay has caused an estrangement. “I am gay,” Mr Shock wrote. “For those who know me and for many who only know of me, this will come as no surprise. For the past year, I have been working through a list of people who I felt should finally hear the news directly from me before I made a public statement. I wanted my mother, my father, my sisters, my brother, and my closest friends to hear it from me first. “The fact that I am gay is just one of those things in my life in need of explicit affirmation, to remove any doubt and to finally validate who I am as a person. In many ways I regret the time wasted in not having done so sooner,” he said. Former Republican Congressman Aaron Schock, second from the left, at Coachella. Picture: InstagramSource:Supplied Mr Schock said he stayed in the closet during his time in Congress because he was worried about how it would hurt his political prospects. “Arriving in Washington in 2009, as the youngest member of Congress, I received… Read full this story
- Bush Campaign Chief and Former RNC Chair Ken Mehlman: I’m Gay
- First Republican congressman to officiate a gay wedding receives "no confidence" vote from local GOP
- Germany Wipes Slate Clean for 50,000 Men Convicted Under Anti-Gay Law
- Democrats propose a compromise bill on voting rights.
- Historic police reform legislation is crashing and burning in Congress
- The future of the Democratic Party relies upon the swing vote
- Republicans refute Trump's false mail-in voting claims, warn they could hurt GOP candidates
- California voters deciding governor's fate in Republican-led recall
- Californians to decide governor's fate in Republican-backed recall
- Californians to decide governor’s fate in Republican-backed recall
Republican Aaron Schock comes out as gay after anti-gay history of voting in Congress have 300 words, post on www.news.com.au at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.