BORIS Johnson held his weekly audience with the Queen via telephone tonight – hours after it was revealed Prince Charles had been struck down by coronavirus. The 71-year-old royal tested positive for the killer bug on Monday night after he began to display mild symptoms but the Palace say he remains in “good health”. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates The Queen and Prince Philip are now self-isolating at Windsor Castle in line with government guidance for the over-90s, a palace spokesman revealed. The royal family tweeted tonight: “The Queen held her weekly Audience with the Prime Minister today by telephone. “Her Majesty – pictured this evening at Windsor Castle – has held a weekly Audience with her Prime Minister throughout her reign.” The images on the tweet included a picture of the Monarch dressed in sky blue on an old fashioned telephone in her Berkshire royal residence sitting next to statues of her beloved corgis. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Queen’s audiences with the PM will be held over the phone for the foreseeable future. Buckingham Palace never comments on what the monarch and the PM discussed during their weekly meetings -… Read full this story
- I will stand up to Trump, vows Boris: Johnson says he will be 'robust' in dealing with the US President and claims ousted British ambassador has his 'full support' - despite failing to back him before resignation
- Boris Johnson says he would rather stay in the EU than accept May's 'humiliating' Brexit plan
- Pound runs out of steam amid UK parliament shutdown
- Sheen shines opposite Mirren's 'Queen'
- UK Rebuffs EU Call For Brexit Solution By End Of Month
- UK PM Loses Fresh Parliamentary Vote As Tensions Rise
- UK Rebuffs Finland's Call For Brexit Solution By End-Sept
- European Stock Markets Jump On China-US Talk Hopes
- European stock markets rebound on China-US talk hopes
- EU citizens at risk from May's 'hostile environment' after Brexit, warns former UK civil service chief
The Queen and Boris Johnson talk business during UK lockdown as Prince Charles test positive for bug have 321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.