May 20 — UEFA president confident fans will return soon UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin is confident “good old football with fans will come back very soon” despite the chaos caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Domestic and continental club competitions were halted across Europe in mid-March due to the COVID-19 crisis and EURO 2020 was postponed. “I don’t think that this virus will last forever. I think it will (change) sooner than many think,” Ceferin told The Guardian. “I don’t like this apocalyptic view that we have to wait for the second and third waves or even a fifth wave.” — Gasol praises Barcelona crisis efforts Spanish basketball player and Barcelona ambassador Pau Gasol has praised the club’s commitment to donate naming rights money to the fight against coronavirus. Barcelona announced in April that it would direct money made from selling the naming rights of its Camp Nou stadium for the first time, “Sport is one of the main pillars of society,” Gasol said in a video conference organised by the University of Havard. “We have an example of this at FC Barcelona, with the initiative to transfer title rights to help deal with Covid-19. We must be aware that we are… Read full this story
- Saudi minister tweets barb at UEFA chief in TV rights row
- AFC Championship 2020: Patrick Mahomes helps end 50-year Super Bowl drought for Chiefs and their fans
- College football fans furious with ESPN as app appears to crash at start of national championship game
- FIFA and UEFA 'may as well have stood in stands' with racists, says ex-England star
- Why did Uefa hand Azerbaijan hosting rights for the Europa League final?
- Revealed: the scale of Manchester City’s FFP breaches before 2014 Uefa deal
- Premier League fans assess the run-in. Part 2: Leicester to Wolves
- The psychology of football rivalries
- Fifa examining claims of sexual and physical abuse on Afghanistan women’s team
- The Sports Report: Patrick Mahomes leads Chiefs to a miraculous comeback
Coronavirus and sports: UEFA chief claims 'football with fans will be back soon' have 317 words, post on www.dw.com at May 20, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.