An ex-business partner of the former Green Beret behind the failed Venezuelan coup has revealed he boasted of having U.S. government support for his botched plan. Special forces veteran Jordan Goudreau, 43, told his close friend that he had a contract with the US State Department to ‘protect oil interests in Venezuela’, and claimed ‘we’re going to topple’ Venezuelan leader Nicholas Maduro, the friend told DailyMail.com. Donald Trump has said the attempted coup, which led to the arrest of two other American special forces veterans by Maduro’s troops on Monday, had ‘nothing to do with our government’. On Wednesday Secretary of State Mike Pompeo ridiculed the idea of official government involvement, saying: ‘There was no U.S. government direct involvement in this operation. ‘(If) we’d have been involved, it would have gone differently.’ Asked who may have bankrolled the operation, Pompeo said: ‘We’re not prepared to share any more information about what we know took place.’ But Goudreau’s former business partner, Drew White, told DailyMail.com the would-be insurgent leader visited him in Colorado recently and made his claims of U.S. government support before traveling to Colombia to launch the short-lived coup. Former Green Beret Jordan Goudreau claimed responsibility for masterminding the failed… Read full this story
- 'He's morally unfit to be President': Comey annihilates Trump in TV interview saying he 'lies constantly', 'treats women like pieces of meat' and IS 'possibly compromised by Russia'
- Trump Wanted to Boast About His Own ‘Camp David Accords’ Before Taliban Deal Collapsed
- EXCLUSIVE: Smallville actress Allison Mack takes control of branding cult Nxivm after arrest of leader Keith Raniere as it’s revealed he had sex with a 12-year-old dogwalker and forced a follower to run headfirst into a tree
- Trevor Noah Trashes Trump: ‘You Cannot Lie and Say Donald Trump Would Be a Good President’
- Fury at preening Tory saboteurs: Angry backlash against Brexiteer plotters bidding to bring down Theresa May as moderate MPs warn a coup will destroy the government, damage the economy and jeopardise Brexit altogether
- Trump and Kim Take 2: President meets North Korean dictator with a handshake and a laugh in Vietnam for their second nuclear summit and heralds the communist nation's 'unlimited' potential as Kim says he has high hopes for their talks
- Iraq crisis: Obama announces increase in US military aid to combat Isis surge – live
- How Isis crippled al-Qaida
- Paris climate summit: the climate circus comes to town
- Arming the Cartels: The Inside Story of a Texas Gun-Smuggling Ring
EXCLUSIVE: Green Beret veteran behind botched Venezuelan coup boasted 'State Department' were paying for it - as Pompeo says if he'd been 'directly' involved it would have 'gone differently' have 412 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.