Great news Google Fi integration will also come to the Messages app in the near future. Babu Mohan 25 May 2020 0 Source: Android CentralWhat you need to know An APK teardown of Google Messages v6.2 has revealed that the messaging app may soon gain end-to-end encryption for RCS chats. Both the sender and receiver will need to have a good internet connection for end-to-end encryption to work. There is no word yet on exactly when end-to-end encryption will arrive. Google began testing iMessage-like reactions in RCS messages for some users earlier this month. An APK teardown of an internal “dogfood” build of Google Messages version 6.2 by the folks at 9To5Google has now revealed that the search giant is planning to soon add another popular iMessage feature to its official texting app. As per the report, Google Messages could soon let users send end-to-end encrypted messages via RCS. A total of twelve strings referencing encryption were found during the teardown. While the teardown didn’t reveal the exact requirements for using end-to-encryption, both the sender and the receiver will likely have to use the Google Messages app. Additionally, both parties must have a good internet connection for end-to-end encryption to… Read full this story
- Help End Google’s Search Monopoly: Use Something Else
- 6 Unique Ways to Use Google Maps With Other Google Tools
- Genius raps Google with $50 million lawsuit over scraped content
- Russia orders Telegram to hand over users’ encryption keys
- The Google Censorship Leak: Are You Being Censored?
- Google Reader’s End Is Nigh: Prepare With These Alternative RSS Readers
- 16 Incredible Uses of Google Maps You Should See and Try
- Chat app Line is developing an AI assistant and Amazon Echo-style smart speaker
- The 8 Best Calendar Apps for Your iPhone
- YouTube tests an in-app messenger for sharing videos with friends
Google's Messages app may soon gain end-to-end encryption for RCS messages have 305 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.