In a double-barrelled elimination challenge, the contestants were asked to identify several different types of fish – with some contestants floundering, and others snapping up a spot in the safe group. RELATED: MasterChef viewers divided over Laura’s ‘smug’ move RELATED: How panic buyers impacted MasterChef’s noodle challenge For Laura, Emelia, Tracy, Reece and Khanh, their hopes of coasting through the first round to watch from the gantry were dashed, after they failed to correctly identify the fish they selected when it came to their turn. Contestants were asked to identify the array of fish on display. Picture: Channel 10.Source:Channel 10 In round two, the five chefs were tasked with cooking a cut of kingfish for Australia’s own king of fish, Josh Niland. While Laura’s crispy-skinned dish was a winner, and Khan’s broth “perfection”, Emelia, Reece and Tracy failed to impress. But Reece’s slightly overcooked fish, and Emelia’s salty sauce were safe against Tracy’s plate of food – which left the judges vastly uninspired. Mel’s face when she bit in to the overcooked fish said it all. Picture: Channel 10.Source:Channel 10 Grasping at straws – Andy complimented the corn, and Jock the seasoning, but judge Josh Niland seemed almost offended by… Read full this story
- 'I'm going up against these amazing cooks': MasterChef contestant Hayden Quinn reveals the upcoming season of the cooking competition will be the 'most nerve-racking' yet
- Exercise facials, a $120 clay mask and NOSE HAIR removal: Stars take to Instagram to reveal their beauty secrets for getting Met Gala ready
- He came down with the dreaded dry cough... but in this life-affirming piece, cricket commentator HENRY BLOFELD reveals how he's embracing his quarantine... by sipping Spanish wine
- Sun readers share moving messages of thanks and love for Britain’s virus crisis stars
- Inspiring culture: 50 works that changed our critics' lives
- Alice Waters' Chez Panisse built on simple success
MasterChef All Stars: Tracy Collins booted for dry fish have 311 words, post on www.news.com.au at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.