In brief: A graphics and game engine developer made a simple ray tracer work in Notepad on Windows by manipulating the app’s memory space to change the displayed text and render a simple 3D scene at 30 frames per second. Ray tracing is a hot topic in computer graphics right now, especially with all the hype around Nvidia’s Ampere architecture which debuted with a powerful enterprise GPU and should soon bring about the GeForce RTX 3000 series consumer GPUs. The reason why everyone is waiting for the newest graphics hardware is that ray tracing is so taxing that very few of us are able to experience it while keeping a smooth 60fps+ frame rate. And that doesn’t even get into the issue that there aren’t a lot of games out there that support it even if you have the hardware to handle it. However, there’s one place where ray tracing works that might surprise some, and that is the Notepad app on Windows. Kyle Halladay, who is a graphics and game engine programmer by trade and the author of a book on practical shader development, managed to make a rudimentary ray tracing demo work on Notepad at 30 frames per… Read full this story
- Minecraft RTX is the poster child ray tracing needs, but it's a brute to run
- Doom Eternal won't have ray tracing for quite some time
- Doom Eternal to skip ray tracing at launch
- Doom Eternal won’t launch with ray tracing – and may not get it for quite some time
- Nvidia annuncia sei nuovi giochi con ray tracing, incluso un famoso battle royale
- Trace Cyrus, Miley's Older Brother, Engaged to Taylor Lauren Sanders: 'I Will Love You FOREVER'
- Billy Ray Cyrus Responds to Country Music Controversy After Joining Lil Nas X's 'Old Town Road'
- Billy Ray Cyrus Dedicates Both 'Old Town Road' Grammys to 'Kobe and His Beautiful Daughter' Gianna
- Download demo for Lucas Pope’s one-bit adventure
- What is AWS X-Ray?
Someone made a rudimentary ray tracing demo on Notepad at 30fps have 331 words, post on www.techspot.com at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.