SCHOOLS in England reopened on June 1 and more students are set to return to the classroom in the coming days. Children in reception, year 1 and year 6 returned first and secondary school pupils in year 10 and 12 will follow suit on June 15 – with schools implementing strict social distancing measures to keep kids and staff safe. ⚠️ Read our UK schools reopening live blog for the latest news & updates Prior to schools reopening on June 1, experts argued that it was safe for children to return after a major review of the evidence found that children are 56 per cent less likely to contract the virus. Despite this, unions, councils and scientists warned that it was not safe, as they feared children and staff would be exposed to coronavirus if classrooms are opened too soon. But with dozens of kids back at school and more to return from June 15 we evaulte the risks of sending children back to the classroom? 1. What are the risks? Little is known about how children spread the virus but researchers revealed that children are less likely than adults to contract Covid-19.Professor Russell Viner, from the UCL Great Ormond… Read full this story
- Schools reopening: Six things parents need to know before children return after coronavirus lockdown
- Kids are ‘56% less likely to catch coronavirus – and should return to school’, top doc says
- Welsh gov backs Boris’ plans to re-open schools as it reveals traffic light system to exit lockdown
- Head teachers insist primary schools SHOULD reopen in June breaking ranks with teachings unions
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: UK facing 'recession likes of which we haven't seen'
- Coronavirus UK LIVE: Tory MPs tell Dominic Cummings to resign over lockdown breaches as death toll hits 822
- Coronavirus updates LIVE: UK death toll passes 37,000 as hotspots could see tighter lockdown
- Coronavirus LIVE updates: UK lockdown to be reviewed today as test and trace launches
- Coronavirus death count rises by only 170 today - the lowest since March 24 when lockdown began as total number killed by virus in UK reaches 34,636
- Teacher shares image of his daughter, 5, in hospital and warns against reopening schools as WHO chief scientist insists there is still NO clear link between coronavirus and 'very rare' inflammatory disease in children
Schools reopening UK: Six things parents need to know before children go back after coronavirus lockdown have 359 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 9, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.