Another 36 people have died of coronavirus in hospitals in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, taking the total death toll to 43,550. NHS England today confirmed another 18 fatalities in its hospitals, while two more people have died in Wales and one in Northern Ireland. Scotland has recorded no new deaths today, marking three days in a row and the eighth time this month. One expert – Professor Devi Sridhar at Edinburgh University – said Scotland looks on track to be ‘Covid-free’ by the end of the summer as cases there continue to dwindle. But one of the Government’s top scientific advisers warned this morning that England is ‘on a knife-edge’ as it eases lockdown, with the virus still a serious threat there. Today’s death toll is the joint lowest for a Sunday – which are notoriously low – since the day before lockdown started, March 22. It is on par with June 14, when there were also 36, and lower than the 43 recorded last Sunday, June 21. Another 901 people tested positive for the coronavirus yesterday, meaning Britain has now had 310,250 confirmed cases of the virus, although the true number is expected to be higher than five… Read full this story
- Researchers Struggle to Identify over 1,000 9/11 Victims 17 Years Later
- Strictly EXCLUSIVE: James Cracknell admits he's 'giving himself permission to look stupid' by taking part as he admits NONE of the professional dancers want to be partnered with him
- 2018 in Pictures: Trump’s Visit, WWI Centenary, Free Tommy Rally
- Guns kill more U.S. kids than cancer. This emergency physician aims to prevent those firearm deaths
- One Doctor’s Answer to Drug Deaths: Opioid Vending Machines
- Sundance 2013 Competition and Next Sections Announced
- 5G: everything you need to know
- The shocking rape trial that galvanised Spain’s feminists – and the far right
- Does the left have a future?
- How WhatsApp Fuels Fake News and Violence in India
UK confirms 36 more coronavirus deaths taking the total number of fatalities to 43,550 as Scotland announces zero victims for THIRD day in a row and expert predicts it will be 'Covid-free' by September have 300 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 28, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.