SCOTLAND starlet Liam Morrison has been promoted to Bayern Munich’s Under 19s side and will work under the guidance of former Manchester City star Martin Demichelis. The 17-year-old made the incredible move from Celtic to the Bundesliga champions last summer after being part of Neil Lennon’s pre-season squad who toured Austria and Switzerland. He impressed during his first season with the Bavarian giants at their academy in their Under 17s side and has been upgraded to their U19s side. They are managed by Demichelis, who won 11 major honours with Bayern before moving Malaga, Atletico Madrid, City and Espanyol and then coaching. And former Argentina international Demichelis admits he’s impressed with the group of youngsters who he will work with for the new season in Germany, including Morrison. He said: “We have some great talent to work with here with the Under 19s.”We want to do even better and, above all, continue to develop our youngsters.” Morrison admitted last year he was learning a lot from Demichelis. He said: “It’s brilliant getting advice from Martin Demichelis who was an incredible centre back. LADBROKES 1-2-FREE Simply predict Man City, Spurs vs Arsenal and Leicester scores this coming weekend and win £100… Read full this story
- Roberto Firmino ‘contacted by Bayern Munich’ over summer transfer as Liverpool line up Timo Werner
- Chelsea 0 Bayern Munich 3: Gnabry fires brilliant quickfire double and Lewandowski seals Germans’ Champions League romp
- Ex-Man Utd star Javier Hernandez wears wacky half-and-half shirt as he and stunning Wag Sarah Kohan watch NBA match
- Real Madrid to launch all-out assault to get £180million Raheem Sterling in the wake of Man City’s two-year Uefa ban
- Juventus plan audacious ‘money no object’ move to bring Man City’s Pep Guardiola to Italy and replace Maurizio Sarri
- Serge Gnabry says ‘London still Red’ as ex-Arsenal star destroys Chelsea to make it SIX goals in capital this season
- Celtic 1 Copenhagen 3: Hoops OUT of Europa League after night to forget at Parkhead
- Real Madrid ‘to launch sensational £126m Mo Salah transfer bid if they can’t land Mbappe’ after offloading Gareth Bale
- Jorge Mendes: The man behind soccer's 'craziest deals'
- Stage seemed set for Sterling… but Zidane and Real Madrid are outfoxed by tinkerman Pep’s tactical masterclass
Ex-Celtic ace Liam Morrison lands Bayern Munich promotion after just one season under former Man City star Demichelis have 369 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 9, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.