The helpline number, if introduced, will be a part of the board’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the lucrative tournament, which will be held in the UAE from September 19. If the need arises, such dedicated helplines could help them deal with stress and anxiety better. The BCCI is set to release a comprehensive SOP for all eight franchises after Sunday’s Governing Council meeting where the final schedule will be passed. A question that has been asked by a few franchises is regarding the pressure of staying away from families for a prolonged period, and the BCCI might address that in the meeting. “The BCCI’s SOP is likely to have full details of all the medical facilities which will be available for players and support staff. It is expected that there will be a helpline where players can call up in case they feel stress and anxiety. There will be expert help for one and all,” a BCCI source, privy to the development, told PTI. One of the major issues will be how the BCCI deals with players’ families accompanying them for the full period. The board as well as franchises are aware that loneliness could be a big factor,… Read full this story
- IPL 2020: Know the 20-point Standard Operating Procedure in UAE for players, bio-secure bubble details
- Bio-secure bubble makes IPL 2020 corruption free?
- Aaron Finch: Mental health 'something to monitor heavily' in bio-secure bubble in England
- One non-player tests positive for coronavirus in New York tennis bio-secure bubble
- IPL 2020: What’s happening inside T20 cricket’s confinement zone
- IPL 2020: England, Australia players are likely to play full length of IPL, says Royal Challengers Bangalore chairman
- IPL 2020: Due to Coronavirus Restrictions, BCCI Can't Invite State Units to UAE Yet, Says Secretary Jay Shah
- IPL 2020: Harbhajan Singh not to travel to UAE with Chennai Super Kings on August 21
- IPL 2020: List of hotels where all 8 IPL teams are staying in UAE
- IPL 2020: Rajasthan Royals, Kings XI Punjab sweat it out in UAE in a proper training session
IPL 2020: BCCI mulls mental health helpline number to deal with loneliness of bio-secure bubble have 330 words, post on www.mykhel.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.