Ringo Starr was hoping to have a big party for his 80th birthday on July 7th, but the pandemic is keeping him away from his friends and loved ones. Instead, he’s throwing Ringo’s Big Birthday Show, a virtual charity concert that will hit YouTube at 8 p.m. EST July 7th, and he also recorded an episode of the Rolling Stone Interview: Special Edition video series. Below are some highlights from the wide-ranging conversation; for the full interview, press play above. How have you been coping with the semi-isolation of this time? I couldn’t help but think of when you were a child and you were trapped in a hospital for so long. I don’t know if it reminds you of that time. Obviously, this is a lot better, I would assume.Yeah, there’s less pain. Physically. You know, you’re a kid, you’re in a hospital. I mean, first time was [at age] seven for a year. I went in six and a half, and I came out at seven and a half. And the second time, I had my 14th birthday in hospital and we sort of convinced everyone that I was fit enough to go out. So they let me out a couple… Read full this story
- Even in 2020, Ringo Starr Keeps the Peace, Love, and Music Going
- Ringo Starr to release five-song quarantine album
- Diddy surprises his mom Janice Combs with $1MILLION and a Bentley for her 80th birthday... as he throws her a lavish dinner to celebrate
- Anthony Fauci is mocked as the 'Patron Saint of Wuhan' after DC Mayor declares Christmas Eve 'Dr. Fauci Day' to mark his 80th birthday - as critics blast move as 'left wing insanity'
- 'Happy Birthday Dr. Fauci' Messages Flood Social Media As Scientist Turns 80
- Paul McCartney's 'Find My Way' is the first music video off his new album recorded in quarantine
- Watch: Crowd pounces on cake at event celebrating Sharad Pawar's birthday
- How to watch VetsAid festival live: Stream the virtual concert from anywhere
- The Wendy Williams Show will air repeats until the new year while host travels to be with family after her mother's passing
- Salman Khan Birthday Special: Lesser Known Facts About The Superstar That Only His Die-Hard Fans Would Know
Read and Watch Our New Ringo Starr Interview on His 80th Birthday have 372 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at July 7, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.