Nielsen has umpired television’s winners and losers since the medium was new. Who won the West Coast? Who lost in late night? For decades, the entertainment industry has relied on the ratings giant to measure the value of everything from “All in the Family” to “Young Sheldon.”But how do you prove a show’s worth in the age of streaming?A little-known startup, Parrot Analytics, says it has come up with a metric that can measure what a program means to a streamer like Netflix. It not only counts viewers but also calculates their enthusiasm. From there, Parrot says, it can anticipate what matters most to a streaming network: how many subscribers a show is likely to attract.Wared Seger, the chief executive, said the company was built on the idea that a measurement system must take into account the momentous change in viewing habits.“We could each be watching different shows, on different platforms, at different times,” Seger said. “You need a new standard.”Read Also: Government wants a level playing field across media with light regulation: I&B secretaryParrot tracks what Seger, 32, calls “demand expressions” — a twitchy metric he helped devise that, he said, takes into account a host of “signals” across… Read full this story
- Everything coming to Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO Now in May
- Future File: Netflix or Amazon Prime
- Amazon Prime UK price hike ‘likely’ – is your monthly subscription about to go up?
- Stock Market Futures Rise; Amazon Prime And The Big FANG Divide
- The Ultimate Guide to Amazon Prime Benefits
- Amazon Prime's price is rising to $119 — but there are ways around paying that much
- Netflix, Amazon face ‘30% made in Europe’ directive
- The curious case of the Amazon Prime price hike
- Here's everything you get with Amazon Prime
- Amazon Prime's price went up, but you probably won't leave anyways
What counts as a streaming hit on Netflix, Amazon Prime? A startup may have answers have 299 words, post on brandequity.economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.