ZDNet Recommends The best VPN services for your home office or any remote connection VPNs aren’t essential only for securing your unencrypted Wi-Fi connections in coffee shops and airports. Every remote worker should consider a VPN to stay safe online. Here are your top choices and how to get set up. Read More At the DEF CON 28 security conference this week, a security researcher has released a new tool that can help the makers of sensitive applications evade censorship and bypass firewalls to keep services up inside problematic areas of the globe.The new tool, named Noctilucent, was developed by Erik Hunstad, Chief Technical Officer at cyber-security firm SixGen.According to Hunstad, Noctilucent comes to fill a role left void by cloud providers like Amazon and Google blocking “domain fronting” on their infrastructure.Hunstad said he used the new TLS 1.3 protocol to revive domain fronting (sort of) as an anti-censorship technique, but in a new format, the researcher calls “domain hiding.”What is domain frontingDomain fronting is a technique that has been made popular by mobile app developers in the 2010s and has been used to allow apps to bypass censorship attempts in oppressive countries. The domain fronting technique allows clients (apps)… Read full this story
- New Orleans mayor says Trump should have warned city to cancel Mardi Gras that is now believed to have caused huge spike in coronavirus cases in eerie parallel with 1918 Spanish flu pandemic in Philadelphia when 16,000 died after parade
- Bringing Up Bates star Carlin Bates reveals 15-week-old daughter Layla has 'small hole in her heart' causing 'breathing problems'
- New Yorkers Urged To Get Tested For Coronavirus: ‘There Is No Reason Why You Should Not Get The Test’
- Cuomo takes coronavirus test during LIVE press briefing as governor warns not enough New Yorkers are getting tested
- New jailbreak tool works on Apple’s just-released iOS 13.5
- New fuzzing tool finds 26 USB bugs in Linux, Windows, macOS, and FreeBSD
- Square Enix to stream Outriders gameplay on May 28, kicking off a new monthly broadcast
- The Latest: China reports 30 new virus cases, no deaths
- VW Exec Says Company Is Too German, Looking For New Brand Logo
- Brennan says he’s willing to be interviewed by Durham, has ‘nothing to hide’
DEF CON: New tool brings back 'domain fronting' as 'domain hiding' have 376 words, post on www.zdnet.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.