WASHINGTON (Reuters) – White House health experts are warning of an uptick in the percentage of people testing positive for COVID-19 in U.S. cities including Boston, Chicago and Washington, urging local leaders to maintain health safety measures to avoid a surge. FILE PHOTO: Customers wait in line to shop for food at a Food 4 Less grocery store, during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in Los Angeles, California, U.S., August 5, 2020. REUTERS/Mike Blake “This is a predictor of trouble ahead,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Thursday. Fauci was asked on CNN about comments made by his White House coronavirus task force colleague, Dr. Deborah Birx, identifying new areas of concern in major cities, even as authorities see encouraging signs across the South. Baltimore and Atlanta remain at a “very high level,” as well as Kansas City, Portland, Omaha and California’s Central Valley, Birx told state and local officials in a telephone call Wednesday. A recording of the call was obtained by the journalism nonprofit Center for Public Integrity. White House data shows small increases in the percentage of positive COVID-10 tests in Chicago, Boston and Detroit and… Read full this story
- Meth seizures surged by 150% in a single year in the US - and it could fuel the next American drug epidemic, experts warn
- Rat infestation warning near Belfast Primark site
- CDC Warns Pregnant Women Against Visiting Miami's Zika-Stricken Wynwood Arts District
- Tips on Chisinau Warnings or Dangers
- Smoke across US West blots out mountains, poses health risks
- Tips on Seoul Warnings or Dangers – Stay Safe!
- Is Sydney Safe? Warnings and Dangers Travelers Need to Know
- One nation, underfed: 'A Place at the Table' warns that food crisis puts millions of children at risk
- Alphabet's plans to track people in its 'smart city' ring alarm bells
- Ahead of 2020, 'Putin's chef' sharpens Russian propaganda skills in Africa
Government health experts warn U.S. cities of 'trouble ahead' have 311 words, post on www.reuters.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.