LG Uplus posted just shy of 240 billion won in operating profit and 3.27 trillion won in sales for the second quarter, the South Korean telco said on Friday. It is a rise of 59% and 5%, respectively, from the same period a year ago. During the quarter, LG Uplus said it saw the subscriber bases for its mobile and IPTV services rise despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is the carrier’s third straight quarter of growth. While LG Uplus saw the number of smartphones sold drop during the second quarter, it continued to accrue new subscribers for its 5G services. This culminated in revenue for its mobile business reaching 1.35 trillion won, a rise of almost 5% from a year prior. For its IPTV service, the carrier said it saw a surge in gaining new subscribers, which helped its sales. Around 130,000 new customers subscribed to the IPTV service, a rise of 42.3% compared to the second quarter of 2019, LG Uplus said. This resulted in the IPTV business growing 10.5% year on year to mark almost 495 billion won in sales. Its data centres and cloud business also saw year-on-year growth of 2.7%, gaining 345… Read full this story
- LG Uplus sees Q1 profit jump thanks to COVID-19
- Carnival Sees Huge Spike in Cruise Bookings for Planned August Return
- HNX-listed firms see post-tax profits up 4.8 percent in 2019
- GM CEO calls self-driving unit layoffs 'prudent,' still sees 'huge opportunity'
- In countries mired in crises, aid organization sees huge drop in domestic abuse reports — and it's worried
- McDonald's sees huge queues as people rush to get their orders in for Big Macs
- KT Q1 profits fall 4.7% due to COVID-19
- SK Telecom sees 6.4% drop in Q1 earnings
- Cognizant Q1 results: Profit falls 17% YoY to $367 million, firm expects sluggish Q2 due to Covid, ransomware
- Siemens Q2 results: Net profit down 38% at Rs 175 crore
LG Uplus sees huge Q2 profit boost have 308 words, post on www.zdnet.com at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.