Critics have accused NBC of censorship after they edited out a message urging citizens to vote during their broadcast of the Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday night. The incident occurred during Demi Lovato’s performance of her new anti-Trump anthem, Commander In Chief. Raw footage of the performance, obtained by TMZ, shows that the act concluded with the word ‘VOTE’ appearing behind Lovato on a giant screen. However, the word was cut from the broadcast which aired on NBC, with the camera instead zooming in close on the Grammy nominee’s face. According to TMZ, Lovato’s message was reportedly cut because her scathing lyrics in combination with the word ‘VOTE’ would have been seen as a direct call to cast a ballot against Trump. The song features the lyrics: ‘If I did the things you do/ I couldn’t sleep’, ‘We’ll still take a knee while you’re Commander-in-chief’, and ‘Wont give up, stand our ground/ We’ll be in the streets while you’re bunkering down’. Critics have accused NBC of censorship after they edited out a message urging citizens to vote during Demi Lovato’s performance at the Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday night Cut out: While the word ‘VOTE’ was clear to see in… Read full this story
- Billboard Music Awards nominees, performers and everything else you need to know
- Playbook: Fallout from Giuliani bombshell on Trump Stormy Daniels payment
- Midterms 2018: Trump refuses to put party before himself in scripted speech, 'I don't know who the hell wrote that line'
- 'Facsist police': In TN's Tuticorin, anti-Sterlite protest turns violent
- 2 Men Leveraged Access to Trump and Persian Gulf Princes Into Millions of Dollars
- Spotify cuts R. Kelly music from playlists, cites new policy
- NBC releases Matt Lauer investigation, finds 'no evidence' leadership knew of misconduct
- Not just conservatives hated failed farm bill
- Italy: Populist parties attempting to form government consider asking ECB to write off £218bn of country's debt
- Iran nuclear deal: What will happen if the US pulls out of the landmark deal?
Leaked Billboard Awards footage reveals that Demi Lovato's anti-Trump song 'Commander In Chief' was censored by NBC who cut 'VOTE' message from her performance have 330 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 15, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.