The federal government recently closed consultation on a package of reforms focused on protecting critical infrastructure and systems of national significance. With that part of the process wrapped up, the government is now looking to introduce an enhanced regulatory framework, which would build on existing requirements under the Security of Critical Infrastructure Act 2018 . This includes: A positive security obligation (PSO) for critical infrastructure entities, supported by sector-specific requirements; enhanced cybersecurity obligations for those entities most important to the nation; and government assistance to entities in response to significant cyber attacks on Australian systems. With the definition of what constitutes critical infrastructure and systems of national significance not yet fully defined, the federal government is seeking to determine who the enhanced framework would apply to, with one proposed sector covering data storage and cloud. Amazon Web Services (AWS) said that while it was broadly supportive of the proposal to expand the regime to include the data and cloud sector, the expansion raises questions such as what service providers should be included in the sector, what security standards should apply, and how the government can prevent over-regulation. See also: Amazon Web Services scores Australia-wide government cloud deal In its submission… Read full this story
- Cantrell asks state for ‘immediate $75 million influx of cash’ for New Orleans infrastructure
- Incendiary N.R.A. Videos Find New Critics: N.R.A. Leaders
- Australia banks hit with tougher regulation after scandals
- Australia Passes Tough Social Media Law
- Critics Blast Secret US Government Surveillance of Journalists, Attorneys, and Border Activists
- State of the State: Whitmer warns of infrastructure 'catastrophe'
- Polis on Colorado's challenges and his 'exciting' new job
- Gov. Jared Polis on Colorado's challenges and his 'exciting' new job
- FAA faces criticism as Boeing jet in Ethiopia crash grounded in much of world
- Most Americans Want More Government Help in Their Lives—Just a Small Percentage Want Less
AWS concerned with government powers in Australia's new critical infrastructure Act have 302 words, post on www.zdnet.com at November 8, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.