NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man allegedly took a New York Post delivery truck for a joy ride early Friday morning and crashed into two police cars. The NYPD says the truck was stolen shortly after 3:15 a.m. from Lexington Avenue and East 42nd Street. Officers caught up to the truck on Chambers Street, where the driver crashed into the first police vehicle. He then struck a second police vehicle on 14th Street.MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK Upstate New York Couple Finds Dozens Of Bottles Of Whiskey Hidden In Walls Of Home 2 Killed In Crash On Southern State Parkway On Long Island COVID In NYC: In Response To New Restrictions, Staten Island Restaurant Declares Itself An ‘Autonomous Zone’ Two officers suffered minor injuries in the second crash. Police said the 29-year-old suspect was taken into custody when he tried to run into a building on East 39th Street. He was taken to Bellevue Hospital for a psychological evaluation. Charges are pending.
- Spotlight on pilot of fatal New York helicopter crash as investigators find no evidence of engine failure
- Woman who ‘vandalized Black Lives Matter mural outside Trump Tower’ appears to target TWO MORE New York City BLM sites
- One-punch killer is let off with ZERO jail time in homicide of Florida tourist in New York City because judge deems the ex-Wake Forest basketball coach had a 'positive impact' on community
- 'Welcome to Fear City' – the inside story of New York's civil war, 40 years on
- Two homeless men, aged 57 and 61, are found dead in New York City subway trains within 12 hours of each other, as medical examiner investigates whether coronavirus killed them
- New York CBS Reporter Nina Kapur Dies In Ride-Share Moped Accident, Station “Heartbroken”
- Pols face ire of 'Defund the Police' force, from Seattle to New York City
- Bay Briefing: In California and New York, a tale of two pandemics
- Surveillance video captures the moment a gunman hangs out of a car sunroof and shoots dead two teen boys playing basketball in NYC - in a weekend of mayhem that saw eight murdered in 24 hours and protests descend into riots
- NYPD releases footage of man wanted in connection with slashing of Kelsey Grammer's actress daughter Spencer, 36
NYPD: Man Takes New York Post Delivery Truck On Joy Ride, Crashes Into 2 Police Cars have 358 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at November 27, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.