After being chased away by the bears in the previous trading session, the bulls regained their control of D-Street on November 20, as the S&P BSE Sensex rose 282 points to 43,882 and the Nifty50 closed 87 points higher at 12,859.Sectorally, action was seen in telecom, consumer durables, power, finance, and banks while some selling pressure was visible in the energy space.On the broader markets front, the S&P BSE midcap index rallied 1.2 percent while the S&P BSE Smallcap index closed with the gains of 0.7 percent.Close For the week, the Sensex and the Nifty rallied 0.6 percent each. On the sectoral front, the Nifty Bank rose more than 2 percent, the Nifty Auto was up 4 percent, and the midcap index gained nearly 3 percent for the week ended November 20. related news Technical View: Nifty forms Hammer pattern on daily scale, 12,730 crucial for further upside Brokerages upgraded these 35 stocks in November; expect returns up to 40% Rupee opens 14 paise higher at 74.13 against dollar The market bounced back from key support levels but analysts advised caution, saying the market trajectory would be determined by global COVID-19 cases and news on the US fiscal stimulus package.”Although… Read full this story
- GMR Infra shares end flat after hitting 52-week high
- Stock market update: Nifty Auto index down 1%, Mahindra & Mahindra dips 5%
- Taking Stock: Cross-border tensions spoil the party; Sensex closes below 39K
- Taking Stock: Another 3-year low for Sensex, Nifty; what should investors do?
- Taking Stock | Moody's downgrade spoils the mood; indices falls for 3rd day in a row
- Key witness whose testimony helped clear Ferrari-driving Red Bull heir of wrongdoing in a fatal hit-and-run is killed in a motorbike crash in Thailand
- Bank stocks charge up bulls, but Nifty oversold, upside is capped
- Asian stocks hit two-year high, Nikkei bounces as Berkshire buys in
- As Delhi begins sero study, cases hit 59-day high
- Asia Gold-India discounts hit 5-month high as price dip fails to stir demand
Taking Stock: Bulls back on D-St! Nifty reclaims 12,850; over 100 stocks hit 52-week high have 315 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 20, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.