No Google no Play Xiaomi has overtaken Apple to be the number three smartphone OEM, while Samsung retains its crown as number 1. Michael Allison 30 Nov 2020 0 Source: Alex Dobie / Android Central What you need to know Gartner’s Q3 2020 results show a moderate improvement in global smartphone sales. Samsung and Xiaomi show growth despite the ongoing pandemic. The latter has surpassed Apple to be the number 3 smartphone maker. Huawei keeps its number 2 spot, but its sales continue to plummet as it remains unable to sell phones with GMS. Gartner today shared its report on the smartphone market in Q3 2020, and a lot of it backs up what IDC shared a month ago . The COVID-19 pandemic put a dampener on things in the earlier half of the year as lockdowns affected retail and manufacturing, but as countries began to open up, the market sore a small rebound. The big winner was Samsung , selling up to 80.6 million units with a 2.2 percent increase YoY, Huawei came up as number 2 — albeit down by 21.3 percent from this period last year. Confirming IDC’s earlier report, Gartner now marks Xiaomi as the number… Read full this story
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as Trump is reportedly ready to approve sales to the Chinese company
- You might not be able to buy Huawei's top new smartphone
- Amazon and Flipkart Sales, OnePlus 7T Pro Price Announcement, Redmi Note 8 Pro India Launch Date, and More Tech News This Week
- Best smartphone 2019: iPhone, OnePlus, Samsung and Huawei compared and ranked
- Global smartphone shipments post fourth straight down quarter
- Huawei's new Mate 30 Pro is arriving this week
- Which smartphones can really do the business?
- No Crowds as Apple’s Top-Notch iPhone 11 Hits Chinese Stores
- Huawei gambles on Google free phones
- Smartphone Operating System Market To 2022– Industry Analysis, Trends: Grand View Research, Inc.
Xiaomi's smartphone sales overtake Apple's as Huawei plummets have 291 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.